Monday, April 8, 2013

Sleeping mermaid

Hello everyone, well at least those who come here! :) I hope you had good weekend, ours was quite busy. We panted two pear trees, finally did our taxes-FINALLY! :) And cleaned our car inside and out-phew....
And I did this... well, it's an attempt which counts-right? :)
Don't judge me too harshly, really I don't know what I am doing, but, I am not giving up just yet...

And earlier I have made another version (which my husband likes a lot more)
But, that one was a present for my friend Darya, and it is all ready on it's way to her:
One with the white tail I painted straight on the canvas, and one with the blue tail was colored on the paper with Prismacolor pencils, and the decoupaged to the surface, leaves and fishes as well.




 
And this was the inspiration:
 
Thanks for looking!
Have a good day!

20 comments:

  1. This is just spectacular! love the depth of the composition~Beautiful Art

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ого! Очень здорово смотрится!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are good at this! Love the white tail mermaid, she is so soft and elegant with the pale colors. I love the extra sparkles on the other one as it makes it so magical. Great work my friend!
    I can't wait for the next one.
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, that acctually took a lot of patience... and time, and I am happy with some things one one, and other on the other one, I wish I could comine them into one :)

      Delete
  4. ох, как томно и одновременно свежо :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Нааадя! Это волшебство какое то. Чувствую что мы теряем отличного скрапера, но при этом приобретаем великолепнейшего художника. Это потрясающе! Такая глубина, такая манящая и чарующая работа! У меня даже такое ощущение складывается, что я слышу музыку - совершенно какую то неземную и сказочную - колыбельную для русалки)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. неет Маринушка, меня как скраппера не потеряете, а вот как блогера это уже другое дело... ;)
      Да, я тоже думаю, что это колыбельная )

      Delete
    2. Аяяяяй! Как это как блогера? Эт ты мне брось!!!! Нельзя-нельзя! Как же мы без твоего блога?????

      Delete
  6. How beautiful Nadia -- your work is always gorgeous and I don't know why you judge yourself so harshly. Beautifully done Sugar!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy, thank you!
      I really don't know why... maybe because I am not too sure in what I do..?

      Delete
  7. Первая - более нежная, томная и загадочная!
    А вторая более яркая, заманивающая!
    И обе они прелестны!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Как я их пропустила.. А мне первая нравится, на ткани, прямо эффект живописного полотна. А вообще, конечно, обе хороши)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Надя, она чудо как хороша!!! Я обожаю твоих русалок!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ALL your makes are just wonderful, you are very creative.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...