Sunday, July 1, 2012

In The Garden



This month our challenge at Craft a Scene is to create a scene from "inside the garden".


I have never done any garden theme cards. And the ONLY garden that stands in my mind is the home where I grew up. That is the most near and dear place to my heart, and I don't even have a single photo of it. And I don't even know if it still exists in the world . So, I probably idealize it a bit, but who can blame me? :)
 I remember gathering raspberries, and  gooseberries and cooking jam with my parents. I remember blue as a sky bachelor buttons, and peonies as giant as a footballs that were taller than me, and I remember bunches of red Rowan berries... And smell of burning leaves in the fall...
Discovering the world was so much fun, everything, even getting water from the well was a journey and adventure.
Back then we didn't have gas stove, but the wood/coal burning stove.
It was a tiny house, but to me it means the WHOLE WORLD!

So, this is how I "remember" my first childhood home:




9 comments:

  1. Надюша, какая душевная работа!
    Прямо маленькая картина!
    Здорово!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have wonderful childhood memories. You have created a wonderful scene - did you watercolour this? did you use mostly Hobby Art stamps? Beautiful work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such a special memory, I enjoyed reading about it. Your childhood garden sounds wonderful and so is your stamped scene. Beautiful colouring. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for sharing with us your memories, it's swet !
    This is a so beautiful scene, love your card so so much !
    have a good day !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your memories sound wonderful and your scene is as idyllic as you describe! Hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Очень нравится! Тележка как настоящая. Того и гляди, сейчас покатится! Класс!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nadia! Your card is beautiful, such lovely memories you hold! Hope you're well, hugs Shelly x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I see this was posted right after my accident - still don't know why it did not come through my mail box. I wonderful Nadia that you have such beautiful memories and can translate those memories to paper. Beautiful!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...