Saturday, July 2, 2011

Shabby Paper Rose Tutorial

Hi, this is a quick tutorial to show you how to make a shabby paper rose you can use to embellish your cards, layouts etc using some basic craft supplies. Here's what you need:

A piece of patterned paper (I've used Anna Griffin Paper)
Strong glue (I used glossy accents type glue)
Glitter Glue
Distress Ink (Optional - that's why it's not in the photo)


Firstly tear your paper all the way around the edge, the continue by making a square spiral into the centre of the paper...


Now spritz lighty (don't over moisten) your paper...


Whilst the paper is moist scrunch it up like this...


Now start with the longest edge (this is outside edge of your paper where you began tearing) and twist the paper whilst starting to make a spiral to form the rose. Make sure you hold the paper securely in the centre...


Continue until you have completed the process with all the paper...


Glue the end of the paper at the back of your rose, making sure it's stuck well. The turn over your rose and glue underneath the other layers so that the flower holds together...


If you wish you can use a little Distress Ink to give your rose a more shabby look, I like this effect...


Finally add glitter glue to finish. I have also added a button and some twine but this is purely down to taste...


Here is my rose on my finished card...


The papers and tag on my card are from Prima, the paper I used for my rose is from Anna Griffin. I also used Ranger Distress Ink & Stickles, all these products are available from A Scrap Affair. Hope this tutorial will come in handy!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Shelly, they look fabulous! And easy to make too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so vintage ! Love your rose Shelly !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card and thank for the tuto.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like all of you when I heard the original lineup had reunited for "Astronaut" I was thrilled.
    Not quite so thrilled when I heard the disc.
    Granted "Astronaut" had some great moments but that was not the comeback I was hoping for.
    I skipped "Red Carpet" all together due to the reviews from fans and critics.
    Then without even realizing DD was coming out with something new, this caught my attention on our local newspaper.
    Not quite the hippest place to find out about a new DD album but that's it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...